Subject: [PATCH bpf-next v2 0/3] bpf, arm64: Add fsession support

From: Leon Hwang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2026 23:01:09 +0800

Similar to commit 98770bd4e6df ("bpf,x86: add fsession support for x86_64"),
add fsession support on arm64.

Patch #1 adds bpf_arch_supports_fsession() to prevent fsession loading
on architectures that do not implement fsession support.

Patch #2 implements fsession support in the arm64 BPF JIT trampoline.

Patch #3 enables the relevant selftests on arm64, including get_func_ip,
and get_func_args.

All enabled tests pass on arm64:

 cd tools/testing/selftests/bpf
 ./test_progs -t fsession
 #135/1   fsession_test/fsession_test:OK
 #135/2   fsession_test/fsession_reattach:OK
 #135/3   fsession_test/fsession_cookie:OK
 #135     fsession_test:OK
 Summary: 1/3 PASSED, 0 SKIPPED, 0 FAILED

 ./test_progs -t get_func
 #138     get_func_args_test:OK
 #139     get_func_ip_test:OK
 Summary: 2/0 PASSED, 0 SKIPPED, 0 FAILED

Changes:
v1 -> v2:
* Add bpf_arch_supports_fsession().

Leon Hwang (3):
  bpf: Add bpf_arch_supports_fsession()
  bpf, arm64: Add fsession support
  bpf/selftests: Enable get_func_args and get_func_ip tests on arm64

 arch/arm64/net/bpf_jit_comp.c                 | 71 ++++++++++++++++---
 arch/x86/net/bpf_jit_comp.c                   |  5 ++
 include/linux/bpf.h                           |  7 +-
 include/linux/filter.h                        |  1 +
 kernel/bpf/core.c                             |  5 ++
 kernel/bpf/verifier.c                         |  3 +
 .../selftests/bpf/prog_tests/fsession_test.c  | 32 ++++++---
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/get_func_args_test.c  |  2 +-
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/get_func_ip_test.c    |  2 +-
 9 files changed, 108 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

--
2.52.0