Subject: [PATCH 0/7] drivers: Simplify cleanup paths using __free

From: Sanjay Chitroda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2026 01:35:06 +0530

From: Sanjay Chitroda <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

This patch series replaces manual cleanup and explicit kfree() calls with
the __free attribute from <linux/cleanup.h>. This modernizes the memory
management style and simplifies common error paths without altering any
functional behavior.

The __free attribute provides automatic scope-based cleanup, making
resource management clearer and reducing the chances of missing cleanup
on early returns.

No functional changes are intended in this series.

Testing:
  - Compiled with W=1
  - Build-tested on i86_64

Based on:
  <linux-v7.0-rc2>

Feel free to share your valuable input in context of the cleanup API.

Thanks,
Sanjay Chitroda

Sanjay Chitroda (7):
  staging: greybus: simplify cleanup using __free
  iio: ssp_sensors: simplify cleanup using __free
  iio: st_sensors: simplify cleanup using __free
  media: mediatek: vcodec: simplify cleanup using __free
  media: chips-media: coda: simplify cleanup using __free
  media: allegro: simplify cleanup using __free
  staging: rtl8723bs: simplify cleanup using __free

 drivers/iio/common/ssp_sensors/ssp_spi.c      |  9 +-
 .../iio/common/st_sensors/st_sensors_core.c   |  7 +-
 .../media/platform/allegro-dvt/allegro-core.c | 95 +++++--------------
 .../platform/chips-media/coda/coda-bit.c      |  4 +-
 .../platform/chips-media/coda/coda-jpeg.c     | 39 ++++----
 .../mediatek/vcodec/common/mtk_vcodec_dbgfs.c |  3 +-
 drivers/staging/greybus/camera.c              | 27 ++----
 drivers/staging/greybus/loopback.c            | 35 +++-----
 drivers/staging/greybus/raw.c                 |  6 +-
 .../staging/rtl8723bs/hal/rtl8723b_hal_init.c | 13 +--
 drivers/staging/rtl8723bs/hal/sdio_ops.c      | 37 ++------
 11 files changed, 78 insertions(+), 197 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1