Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] arm64/mm: contpte-sized exec folios for 16K and 64K pages

From: hev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2026 00:35:57 +0800

From: WANG Rui <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I ran a quick bench on RK3399:

Binutils: 2.46
GCC: 15.2.1 (--enable-host-pie)

Workload: building vmlinux from Linux v7.0-rc1 with allnoconfig.

                Base                 Patchset [1]         Patchset [2]
instructions    3,115,852,636,773    3,194,533,947,809    3,235,417,205,947
cpu-cycles      8,374,429,970,450    8,457,398,871,141    8,323,881,987,768
itlb-misses         9,250,336,037        8,033,415,293        2,946,152,935
                                             ~ -13.16%            ~ -68.15%
time elapsed             610.51 s             605.12 s             593.83 s

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-fsdevel/[email-masked]

Should we prefer to PMD aligned here?

Thanks,
Rui