Subject: [PATCH 00/15] KVM: arm64: First batch of vgic-v5 related fixes

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2026 15:35:15 +0000

Well, merging the first batch of vgic-v5 patches didn't go smoothly at
all. We initially found a couple of regressions, but most of the crap
was actually uncovered by everyone's new best friend (enemy?), the AI
bot sitting behind sashiko.dev [1].

While not all of the remarks were valid, a bunch of them were actually
extremely pertinent, and resulted in me frantically hacking away at
the series. Hopefully the bot doesn't find even more issues in the
fixes. Note that the first patch has already been posted and merged,
and is only here for reference.

Note that given the amount of rework, I'm really in two minds between
adding these patches on top, or pulling the whole series for another
cycle. I guess time will tell.

[1] https://sashiko.dev/#/patchset/20260319154937.3619520-1-sascha.bischoff%40arm.com

Marc Zyngier (15):
  KVM: arm64: vgic: Don't reset cpuif/redist addresses at finalize time
  KVM: arm64: Don't skip per-vcpu NV initialisation
  arm64: Fix field references for ICH_PPI_DVIR[01]_EL2
  KVM: arm64: Fix writeable mask for ID_AA64PFR2_EL1
  KVM: arm64: Account for RESx bits in __compute_fgt()
  KVM: arm64: vgic-v5: Hold config_lock while finalizing GICv5 PPIs
  KVM: arm64: vgic-v5: Transfer edge pending state to ICH_PPI_PENDRx_EL2
  KVM: arm64: vgic-v5: Cast vgic_apr to u32 to avoid undefined
    behaviours
  KVM: arm64: vgic-v5: align priority comparison with other GICs
  KVM: arm64: vgic-v5: Correctly set dist->ready once initialised
  KVM: arm64: Kill arch_timer_context::direct field
  KVM: arm64: Remove evaluation of timer state in
    kvm_cpu_has_pending_timer()
  KVM: arm64: Move GICv5 timer PPI validation into
    timer_irqs_are_valid()
  KVM: arm64: Correctly plumb ID_AA64PFR2_EL1 into pkvm idreg handling
  KVM: arm64: Don't advertises GICv3 in ID_PFR1_EL1 if AArch32 isn't
    supported

 arch/arm64/kvm/arch_timer.c        | 32 +++++++++++++-----------------
 arch/arm64/kvm/config.c            |  4 ++--
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/sys_regs.c |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/kvm/sys_regs.c          | 20 +++++++++----------
 arch/arm64/kvm/vgic/vgic-init.c    | 32 ++++++++++++++++++++----------
 arch/arm64/kvm/vgic/vgic-v5.c      | 24 +++++++++++++++++-----
 arch/arm64/tools/sysreg            |  4 ++--
 include/kvm/arm_arch_timer.h       |  3 ---
 8 files changed, 70 insertions(+), 51 deletions(-)

-- 
2.47.3