Subject: [PATCH net V2 1/2] net: xilinx: axienet: Correct BD length masks to match AXIDMA IP spec

From: Suraj Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2026 00:25:08 +0530

The XAXIDMA_BD_CTRL_LENGTH_MASK and XAXIDMA_BD_STS_ACTUAL_LEN_MASK
macros were defined as 0x007FFFFF (23 bits), but the AXI DMA IP
product guide (PG021) specifies the buffer length field as bits 25:0
(26 bits). Update both masks to match the IP documentation.

In practice this had no functional impact, since Ethernet frames are
far smaller than 2^23 bytes and the extra bits were always zero, but
the masks should still reflect the hardware specification.

Fixes: 8a3b7a252dca ("drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx: added Xilinx AXI Ethernet driver")
Signed-off-by: Suraj Gupta <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/xilinx_axienet.h | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/xilinx_axienet.h b/drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/xilinx_axienet.h
index 5ff742103beb..602389843342 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/xilinx_axienet.h
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/xilinx_axienet.h
@@ -105,7 +105,7 @@
 #define XAXIDMA_BD_HAS_DRE_MASK		0xF00 /* Whether has DRE mask */
 #define XAXIDMA_BD_WORDLEN_MASK		0xFF /* Whether has DRE mask */
 
-#define XAXIDMA_BD_CTRL_LENGTH_MASK	0x007FFFFF /* Requested len */
+#define XAXIDMA_BD_CTRL_LENGTH_MASK	GENMASK(25, 0) /* Requested len */
 #define XAXIDMA_BD_CTRL_TXSOF_MASK	0x08000000 /* First tx packet */
 #define XAXIDMA_BD_CTRL_TXEOF_MASK	0x04000000 /* Last tx packet */
 #define XAXIDMA_BD_CTRL_ALL_MASK	0x0C000000 /* All control bits */
@@ -130,7 +130,7 @@
 #define XAXIDMA_BD_CTRL_TXEOF_MASK	0x04000000 /* Last tx packet */
 #define XAXIDMA_BD_CTRL_ALL_MASK	0x0C000000 /* All control bits */
 
-#define XAXIDMA_BD_STS_ACTUAL_LEN_MASK	0x007FFFFF /* Actual len */
+#define XAXIDMA_BD_STS_ACTUAL_LEN_MASK	GENMASK(25, 0) /* Actual len */
 #define XAXIDMA_BD_STS_COMPLETE_MASK	0x80000000 /* Completed */
 #define XAXIDMA_BD_STS_DEC_ERR_MASK	0x40000000 /* Decode error */
 #define XAXIDMA_BD_STS_SLV_ERR_MASK	0x20000000 /* Slave error */
-- 
2.49.1