Subject: [PATCH 0/2] KVM: arm64: Tentative fixes for page-table lifetime issues

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2026 19:27:55 +0000

Hi all,

Sashiko highlighted a couple of potential page-table lifetime issues
in the upstream code while it was reviewing the pKVM protected memory
series. They make sense to me so I've had a crack at fixing them and
writing a better description of the problem in the commit message.

For the second issue, I've tested it by forcing the notifier
registration to fail and then watching the SecPageTables line in
/proc/meminfo after attempting to create VMs.

Cheers,

Will

Cc: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Oliver Upton <[email-masked]>
Cc: Joey Gouly <[email-masked]>
Cc: Suzuki K Poulose <[email-masked]>
Cc: Zenghui Yu <[email-masked]>

--->8

Will Deacon (2):
  KVM: arm64: Don't leave mmu->pgt dangling on kvm_init_stage2_mmu()
    error
  KVM: arm64: Destroy stage-2 page-table in kvm_arch_destroy_vm()

 arch/arm64/kvm/arm.c | 1 +
 arch/arm64/kvm/mmu.c | 1 +
 2 files changed, 2 insertions(+)

-- 
2.53.0.1018.g2bb0e51243-goog