Subject: [PATCH] media: aspeed: fix missing of_reserved_mem_device_release() on probe failure

From: David Carlier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2026 22:08:27 +0000

aspeed_video_init() calls of_reserved_mem_device_init() to associate
reserved memory regions with the device. When aspeed_video_setup_video()
subsequently fails in aspeed_video_probe(), the error path frees the
JPEG buffer and unprepares the clocks but does not release the reserved
memory association, leaking the rmem_assigned_device entry on the global
list.

The normal remove path already calls of_reserved_mem_device_release()
correctly; only the probe error path was missing it.

Add the missing of_reserved_mem_device_release() call to the
aspeed_video_setup_video() failure cleanup.

Fixes: d2b4387f3bdf ("media: aspeed: Add Aspeed Video Engine driver")
Signed-off-by: David Carlier <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/media/platform/aspeed/aspeed-video.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/drivers/media/platform/aspeed/aspeed-video.c b/drivers/media/platform/aspeed/aspeed-video.c
index 41cb96f60110..a292275f6b7b 100644
--- a/drivers/media/platform/aspeed/aspeed-video.c
+++ b/drivers/media/platform/aspeed/aspeed-video.c
@@ -2343,6 +2343,7 @@ static int aspeed_video_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
 	rc = aspeed_video_setup_video(video);
 	if (rc) {
 		aspeed_video_free_buf(video, &video->jpeg);
+		of_reserved_mem_device_release(&pdev->dev);
 		clk_unprepare(video->vclk);
 		clk_unprepare(video->eclk);
 		return rc;
-- 
2.53.0