Subject: [PATCH 0/5] crc64: Tweak intrinsics code and enable it for ARM

From: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2026 16:46:31 +0200

Apply some tweaks to the new arm64 crc64 NEON intrinsics code, and wire
it up for the 32-bit ARM build. Note that true 32-bit ARM CPUs usually
don't implement the prerequisite 64x64 PMULL instructions, but 32-bit
kernels are commonly used on 64-bit capable hardware too, which do
implement the 32-bit versions of the crypto instructions if they are
implemented for the 64-bit ISA (as per the architecture).

Cc: Demian Shulhan <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eric Biggers <[email-masked]>

Ard Biesheuvel (5):
  lib/crc: arm64: Drop unnecessary chunking logic from crc64
  lib/crc: arm64: Use existing macros for kernel-mode FPU cflags
  ARM: Add a neon-intrinsics.h header like on arm64
  lib/crc: arm64: Simplify intrinsics implementation
  lib/crc: arm: Enable arm64's NEON intrinsics implementation of crc64

 Documentation/arch/arm/kernel_mode_neon.rst |   4 +-
 arch/arm/include/asm/neon-intrinsics.h      |  64 ++++++++++++
 lib/crc/Kconfig                             |   1 +
 lib/crc/Makefile                            |   8 +-
 lib/crc/arm/crc64.h                         |  36 +++++++
 lib/crc/arm64/crc64-neon-inner.c            | 108 ++++++++++++--------
 lib/crc/arm64/crc64.h                       |  12 +--
 7 files changed, 179 insertions(+), 54 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/include/asm/neon-intrinsics.h
 create mode 100644 lib/crc/arm/crc64.h

base-commit: 63432fd625372a0e79fb00a4009af204f4edc013
-- 
2.53.0.1018.g2bb0e51243-goog