Subject: [PATCH v5 33/38] KVM: arm64: Extend pKVM page ownership selftests to cover guest donation

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2026 15:48:34 +0100

Extend the pKVM page ownership selftests to donate and reclaim a page
to/from a guest.

Tested-by: Fuad Tabba <[email-masked]>
Tested-by: Mostafa Saleh <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/mem_protect.c | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 22 insertions(+)

diff --git a/arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/mem_protect.c b/arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/mem_protect.c
index db94323b430c..13d2cb2f5fab 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/mem_protect.c
+++ b/arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/nvhe/mem_protect.c
@@ -1751,6 +1751,7 @@ void pkvm_ownership_selftest(void *base)
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	hyp_pin_shared_mem, virt, virt + size);
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_share_guest, pfn, gfn, 1, vcpu, prot);
 	assert_transition_res(-ENOENT,	__pkvm_host_unshare_guest, gfn, 1, vm);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,   __pkvm_host_donate_guest, pfn, gfn, vcpu);
 
 	selftest_state.host = PKVM_PAGE_OWNED;
 	selftest_state.hyp = PKVM_NOPAGE;
@@ -1770,6 +1771,7 @@ void pkvm_ownership_selftest(void *base)
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_hyp_donate_host, pfn, 1);
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_share_guest, pfn, gfn, 1, vcpu, prot);
 	assert_transition_res(-ENOENT,	__pkvm_host_unshare_guest, gfn, 1, vm);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,   __pkvm_host_donate_guest, pfn, gfn, vcpu);
 
 	assert_transition_res(0,	hyp_pin_shared_mem, virt, virt + size);
 	assert_transition_res(0,	hyp_pin_shared_mem, virt, virt + size);
@@ -1782,6 +1784,7 @@ void pkvm_ownership_selftest(void *base)
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_hyp_donate_host, pfn, 1);
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_share_guest, pfn, gfn, 1, vcpu, prot);
 	assert_transition_res(-ENOENT,	__pkvm_host_unshare_guest, gfn, 1, vm);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,   __pkvm_host_donate_guest, pfn, gfn, vcpu);
 
 	hyp_unpin_shared_mem(virt, virt + size);
 	assert_page_state();
@@ -1801,6 +1804,7 @@ void pkvm_ownership_selftest(void *base)
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_hyp_donate_host, pfn, 1);
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_share_guest, pfn, gfn, 1, vcpu, prot);
 	assert_transition_res(-ENOENT,	__pkvm_host_unshare_guest, gfn, 1, vm);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,   __pkvm_host_donate_guest, pfn, gfn, vcpu);
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	hyp_pin_shared_mem, virt, virt + size);
 
 	selftest_state.host = PKVM_PAGE_OWNED;
@@ -1817,6 +1821,7 @@ void pkvm_ownership_selftest(void *base)
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_share_hyp, pfn);
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_unshare_hyp, pfn);
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_hyp_donate_host, pfn, 1);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,   __pkvm_host_donate_guest, pfn, gfn, vcpu);
 	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	hyp_pin_shared_mem, virt, virt + size);
 
 	selftest_state.guest[1] = PKVM_PAGE_SHARED_BORROWED;
@@ -1830,6 +1835,23 @@ void pkvm_ownership_selftest(void *base)
 	selftest_state.host = PKVM_PAGE_OWNED;
 	assert_transition_res(0,	__pkvm_host_unshare_guest, gfn + 1, 1, vm);
 
+	selftest_state.host = PKVM_NOPAGE;
+	selftest_state.guest[0] = PKVM_PAGE_OWNED;
+	assert_transition_res(0,	__pkvm_host_donate_guest, pfn, gfn, vcpu);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_donate_guest, pfn, gfn, vcpu);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_donate_guest, pfn, gfn + 1, vcpu);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_share_guest, pfn, gfn, 1, vcpu, prot);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_share_guest, pfn, gfn + 1, 1, vcpu, prot);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_share_ffa, pfn, 1);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_donate_hyp, pfn, 1);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_share_hyp, pfn);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_host_unshare_hyp, pfn);
+	assert_transition_res(-EPERM,	__pkvm_hyp_donate_host, pfn, 1);
+
+	selftest_state.host = PKVM_PAGE_OWNED;
+	selftest_state.guest[0] = PKVM_NOPAGE;
+	assert_transition_res(0,	__pkvm_host_reclaim_page_guest, gfn, vm);
+
 	selftest_state.host = PKVM_NOPAGE;
 	selftest_state.hyp = PKVM_PAGE_OWNED;
 	assert_transition_res(0,	__pkvm_host_donate_hyp, pfn, 1);
-- 
2.53.0.1018.g2bb0e51243-goog