Subject: [PATCH 0/9] lib/crypto: arm64: Remove obsolete chunking logic

From: Eric Biggers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2026 17:05:39 -0700

Since commit aefbab8e77eb ("arm64: fpsimd: Preserve/restore kernel mode
NEON at context switch"), kernel-mode NEON sections have been
preemptible on arm64.  And since commit 7dadeaa6e851 ("sched: Further
restrict the preemption modes"), voluntary preemption is no longer
supported on arm64 either.  Therefore, there's no longer any need to
limit the length of kernel-mode NEON sections on arm64.

This series simplifies the code in lib/crypto/arm64/ accordingly by
using longer kernel-mode NEON sections instead of multiple shorter ones.

This series is targeting libcrypto-next.

Eric Biggers (9):
  lib/crypto: arm64/aes: Remove obsolete chunking logic
  lib/crypto: arm64/chacha: Remove obsolete chunking logic
  lib/crypto: arm64/gf128hash: Remove obsolete chunking logic
  lib/crypto: arm64/poly1305: Remove obsolete chunking logic
  lib/crypto: arm64/sha1: Remove obsolete chunking logic
  lib/crypto: arm64/sha256: Remove obsolete chunking logic
  lib/crypto: arm64/sha512: Remove obsolete chunking logic
  lib/crypto: arm64/sha3: Remove obsolete chunking logic
  arm64: fpsimd: Remove obsolete cond_yield macro

 arch/arm64/crypto/aes-ce-ccm-glue.c | 13 ++++-------
 arch/arm64/include/asm/assembler.h  | 22 ------------------
 include/crypto/aes.h                |  6 ++---
 lib/crypto/arm64/aes-modes.S        |  8 +++----
 lib/crypto/arm64/aes.h              | 35 +++++++++++------------------
 lib/crypto/arm64/chacha.h           | 16 ++++---------
 lib/crypto/arm64/gf128hash.h        | 24 ++++----------------
 lib/crypto/arm64/poly1305.h         | 14 ++++--------
 lib/crypto/arm64/sha1-ce-core.S     | 14 +++++-------
 lib/crypto/arm64/sha1.h             | 15 ++++---------
 lib/crypto/arm64/sha256-ce.S        | 14 +++++-------
 lib/crypto/arm64/sha256.h           | 29 +++++++-----------------
 lib/crypto/arm64/sha3-ce-core.S     |  8 +++----
 lib/crypto/arm64/sha3.h             | 15 ++++---------
 lib/crypto/arm64/sha512-ce-core.S   | 12 +++++-----
 lib/crypto/arm64/sha512.h           | 15 ++++---------
 16 files changed, 73 insertions(+), 187 deletions(-)

base-commit: 7ac21b4032e5b9b8a6a312b6f1d54f4ba24d1c16
-- 
2.53.0