Subject: [PATCH v1 0/4] Apply bridge-connector for the Rockchip DW-HDMI driver

From: Damon Ding <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2026 15:00:28 +0800

This patch series depends on and must be applied after:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
(Series [v3,00/11] drm/mxsfb/lcdif: use DRM_BRIDGE_ATTACH_NO_CONNECTOR and the bridge-connector)

Patch 1: Make DRM_BRIDGE_ATTACH_NO_CONNECTOR optional for platforms that call
         dw_hdmi_bind() to attach the dw-hdmi bridge.
Patch 2: Allow &dw_hdmi_plat_data.output_port = 0 without the attach flag
         DRM_BRIDGE_ATTACH_NO_CONNECTOR for dw-hdmi bridge.
Patch 3: Apply bridge-connector for Rockchip dw-hdmi driver, so that connector
         management is unified under bridge-connector. Treat dw-hdmi purely as
         a bridge without using its own connector helper functions, which
         partially overlaps with the bridge helper.
Patch 4: Add next bridge support for Rockchip dw-hdmi driver, so that it can
         support both the HDMI connector and additional bridge chips.

Damon Ding (4):
  drm/bridge: dw-hdmi: Pass bridge attach flags for dw_hdmi_bind()
  drm/bridge: dw-hdmi: Allow &dw_hdmi_plat_data.output_port = 0 without
    DRM_BRIDGE_ATTACH_NO_CONNECTOR
  drm/rockchip: dw_hdmi: Apply DRM_BRIDGE_ATTACH_NO_CONNECTOR and the
    bridge-connector
  drm/rockchip: dw_hdmi: Support to find the next bridge

 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/synopsys/dw-hdmi.c   | 10 +++----
 drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/Kconfig            |  1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/dw_hdmi-rockchip.c | 33 ++++++++++++++++++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/sun4i/sun8i_dw_hdmi.c       |  2 +-
 include/drm/bridge/dw_hdmi.h                |  4 ++-
 5 files changed, 39 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1