Subject: [PATCH v8 0/2] arm64: dts/defconfig: enable BST C1200 eMMC

From: Albert Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2026 14:23:23 +0800

This series adds DTS and defconfig support for the eMMC controller on
Black Sesame Technologies C1200 SoC, split from the v5 MMC series [1].

The MMC driver patches (dt-bindings, sdhci bounce buffer, BST SDHCI
driver, and MAINTAINERS update) were merged via mmc-next during the
v7.1 merge window and are now in mainline as of Linux 7.1-rc1 [2].
These remaining DTS and defconfig patches are submitted to the mailing
lists for review (per Krzysztof's feedback on v6 [3])

Both patches now carry Acked-by: Gordon Ge <[email-masked]> (BST
maintainer), collected from the v7 thread [4][5].

Changes since v7 [6]:
- Collected Acked-by: Gordon Ge <[email-masked]> on patch 1/2 [4]
- Collected Acked-by: Gordon Ge <[email-masked]> on patch 2/2 [5]
- Rebased onto v7.1-rc1
- No code changes

Changes since v6:
- Resend with corrected recipients: send to mailing lists for review
  first, not directly to soc@ (BST has a platform maintainer in
  MAINTAINERS), per Krzysztof's feedback [3].

Changes since v5:
- Patch 2 (defconfig): fix CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI_BST ordering to match
  Kconfig position (between CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI_TEGRA and
  CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI_F_SDH30), as pointed out by Krzysztof Kozlowski.
  Confirmed via savedefconfig.

Build/check on v7.1-rc1:
- arch/arm64 defconfig: clean (savedefconfig keeps CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI_BST
  at its Kconfig-ordered position; no diff in the MMC_SDHCI section)
- arch/arm64/boot/dts/bst/bstc1200-cdcu1.0-adas_4c2g.dtb: builds clean
  with W=1 and CHECK_DTBS=y (no new warnings)
- checkpatch.pl --strict: 0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 checks on both patches

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
[3] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
[4] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
[5] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
[6] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

Albert Yang (2):
  arm64: dts: bst: enable eMMC controller in C1200 CDCU1.0 board
  arm64: defconfig: enable BST SDHCI controller

 .../dts/bst/bstc1200-cdcu1.0-adas_4c2g.dts    | 19 +++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/bst/bstc1200.dtsi         | 18 ++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/configs/defconfig                  |  1 +
 3 files changed, 38 insertions(+)

base-commit: 254f49634ee16a731174d2ae34bc50bd5f45e731
-- 
2.43.0