Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] dt-bindings: mmc: st,sdhci: convert STMicroelectronics SDHCI-ST MMC/SD Controller controller binding to YAML

From: Charan Pedumuru <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2026 17:23:05 +0000

This patch series converts the legacy text-based Device Tree binding for
STMicroelectronics SDHCI-ST MMC/SD controller to DT schema (YAML) format.

Note:
The patch "dt-bindings: mmc: st,sdhci: convert to DT schema"
depends on the patch "arm: dts: st: align node patterns with established
convention". If the DT schema patch is applied before the DTS
cleanup patch, `dtbs_check` will fail due to the presence of the removed
properties in the existing DTS.

Signed-off-by: Charan Pedumuru <[email-masked]>
---
Changes in v3:
- st,sdhci: Edit description of reg property. Modify reg-names. Add
  "minItems" for clocks and clock-names properties.
- Modify the commit message to match with the updated changes.
- Link to v2: https://patch.msgid.link/[email-masked]

Changes in v2:
- Fix node name in DTS for the MMC to match with the estableshed convention.
- st,sdhci: drop unnecessary properties, modify "reg", "reg-names" and
  "clock-names" properties, include an allOf with $ref to mmc-controller.
- Link to v1: https://patch.msgid.link/[email-masked]

---
Charan Pedumuru (2):
      arm: dts: st: align node patterns with established convention
      dt-bindings: mmc: st,sdhci: convert to DT schema

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/sdhci-st.txt | 110 ---------------------
 .../devicetree/bindings/mmc/st,sdhci.yaml          |  91 +++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm/boot/dts/st/stih407-family.dtsi           |   4 +-
 3 files changed, 93 insertions(+), 112 deletions(-)
---
base-commit: cf2cd8efd046c561191b8541d32a8bfe845bf06b
change-id: 20260327-st-mmc-c906ad95ff83

Best regards,
--  
Charan Pedumuru <[email-masked]>