Subject: [PATCH 1/5] clk: Add support for clock nexus dt bindings

From: Chancel Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2026 11:48:42 +0900

Platforms can have a standardized connector/expansion slot that exposes
signals like clocks to expansion boards in an SoC agnostic way.

The support for nexus node has been added to handle those cases in
commit bd6f2fd5a1d5 ("of: Support parsing phandle argument lists through
a nexus node"). This commit introduced of_parse_phandle_with_args_map()
to handle nexus nodes in a generic way. Currently the gpio subsystem
adopted the support in commit c11e6f0f04db ("gpio: Support gpio nexus dt
bindings") and pwm subsystem adopted the support in commit e71e46a6f19c4
("pwm: Add support for pwm nexus dt bindings").

Change the function call to use of_parse_phandle_with_args_map() that
parses the phandle lists of clocks to use the nexus variant. This
allows remapping phandles and their arguments through any number of
nexus nodes and end up with the actual clock provider being used.

Signed-off-by: Chancel Liu <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/clk/clk.c | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/clk/clk.c b/drivers/clk/clk.c
index 048adfa86a5d..4240f059bec2 100644
--- a/drivers/clk/clk.c
+++ b/drivers/clk/clk.c
@@ -5206,8 +5206,8 @@ static int of_parse_clkspec(const struct device_node *np, int index,
 		 */
 		if (name)
 			index = of_property_match_string(np, "clock-names", name);
-		ret = of_parse_phandle_with_args(np, "clocks", "#clock-cells",
-						 index, out_args);
+		ret = of_parse_phandle_with_args_map(np, "clocks", "clock",
+						     index, out_args);
 		if (!ret)
 			break;
 		if (name && index >= 0)
-- 
2.50.1