Subject: [PATCH v3 0/5] KVM: arm64: nv: Implement nested stage-2 reverse map

From: Wei-Lin Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2026 15:53:33 +0100

Hi,

This is v3 of optimizing the shadow s2 mmu unmapping during MMU
notifiers.

Two new preparatory patches are added, one reduces a hole in kvm_s2_mmu
and another refactors the code a bit during s2 faults. Other changes are
listed below.

* Changes from v2 [1]:

  - Removed "polluted" teminology.

  - Use xa_{mk, to}_value() when storing and retriving values from maple
    trees.

  - Avoid using the 63rd bit in maple tree values so that xa_{mk, to}_value()
    does not lose us a bit.

  - Added reverse map removal during TLBI handling.

  - Other suggested refactorings.

Thanks!

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/kvmarm/[email-masked]/

Wei-Lin Chang (5):
  KVM: arm64: Use a variable for the canonical GPA in kvm_s2_fault_map()
  KVM: arm64: Move shadow_pt_debugfs_dentry to reduce holes in
    kvm_s2_mmu
  KVM: arm64: nv: Avoid full shadow s2 unmap
  KVM: arm64: nv: Remove reverse map entries during TLBI handling
  KVM: arm64: nv: Create nested IPA direct map to speed up reverse map
    removal

 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_host.h   |  17 +-
 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_nested.h |   6 +
 arch/arm64/kvm/mmu.c                |  43 +++--
 arch/arm64/kvm/nested.c             | 238 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 arch/arm64/kvm/sys_regs.c           |   3 +
 5 files changed, 290 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0