Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 3/3] arm64: dts: allwinner: A133: add support for Baijie Helper A133 board

From: Andre Przywara <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2026 23:23:05 +0200

On Mon, 18 May 2026 16:40:11 +0200
Alexander Sverdlin <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi Alexander,

> On Mon, 2026-05-18 at 16:14 +0200, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
> > I also have a U-Boot config ready for it, which I could send once the
> > device-trees are merged on the kernel side. I could send it to you if
> > you're interested.  
> 
> I do have one as well, I'm testing all open-source ;-) from ATF-upwards,
> just thought U-Boot would require ATF merged and kernel DT merged
> because of OF_UPSTREAM in U-Boot. But I'd be happy to sync when we get
> there.

There is no requirement for upstream TF-A support when adding U-Boot
support. All we need is *some* blob to feed to the U-Boot build system.
There is one dependency, though: the TF-A load address. Mostly that's
some quite obvious SRAM address, but in this case it turned out that
the SRAM on the A133 is probably too small, so it looks like we need to
move to DRAM. Not sure how we handle the transition, but at the moment
there is just one board supported, so it will be slightly painful for a
few weeks or months, I am afraid.

And yes, DTs need to be merged into Linus' tree to be considered, so
this series of yours is exactly the right thing to do. There are
regular syncs between the DT rebasing repo and U-Boot, but we can
manually cherry-pick patches once they have reached the mainline tree.
But feel free to send U-Boot patches once this series has been ACKed,
so the defconfig file can be reviewed and then queued, to wait for
the DT to appear in v7.2-rc1, for instance.

Cheers,
Andre