Subject: [PATCH v4 1/3] dt-bindings: mfd: aspeed,ast2x00-scu: Support AST2700 SoC1 pinctrl

From: Billy Tsai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2026 18:38:12 +0800

The AST2700 SoC integrates two interconnected SoC instances, each
managed by its own System Control Unit (SCU).

Allow the AST2700 SoC1 pin controller to be described as a child
node of the SCU by extending the compatible strings accepted by
the SCU binding.

There is no functional change to the SCU binding beyond permitting
the aspeed,ast2700-soc1-pinctrl compatible string.

Acked-by: Conor Dooley <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Billy Tsai <[email-masked]>
---
Note: The companion AST2700 SoC0 pinctrl series modifies the same
binding and has been applied to pinctrl/for-next. Linus Walleij noted
for the equivalent SoC0 MFD patch that it should be applied through the
MFD tree by Lee Jones, providing an Acked-by in the process [1]. The
same routing applies to this patch.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAD++jL=3p9BvDgaot3=[email-masked]/
---
 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/aspeed,ast2x00-scu.yaml | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/aspeed,ast2x00-scu.yaml b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/aspeed,ast2x00-scu.yaml
index a87f31fce019..b81c561d2a8c 100644
--- a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/aspeed,ast2x00-scu.yaml
+++ b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/aspeed,ast2x00-scu.yaml
@@ -87,6 +87,7 @@ patternProperties:
             - aspeed,ast2400-pinctrl
             - aspeed,ast2500-pinctrl
             - aspeed,ast2600-pinctrl
+            - aspeed,ast2700-soc1-pinctrl
 
     required:
       - compatible

-- 
2.34.1