Subject: [PATCH v2 00/10] gpiolib: fence off legacy interfaces

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2026 20:38:05 +0200

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

This is an update of all the patches that are still required before
we can actually turn off CONFIG_GPIOLIB_LEGACY for most platforms
in the final patch of this series.

I originally posted this as a series in
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

I added more patches for the p54spi driver that I had originally
sent separately and submitted the remaining ones separately to
the subsystem maintainers, with about two thirds getting picked
up so far.

If possible, please apply the patches to the respective
architecture (mips, sh, x86, soc/omap) or subsystem
(wireless, net-next, led, input) trees.

      Arnd

Arnd Bergmann (10):
  [v2] [net-next] net: dsa: b53: hide legacy gpiolib usage on non-mips
  [v3] input: gpio-keys: make legacy gpiolib optional
  [v2] x86/olpc: select GPIOLIB_LEGACY
  [v2] sh: select legacy gpiolib interface
  [v2] mips: select legacy gpiolib interfaces where used
  [v4] leds: gpio: make legacy gpiolib interface optional
  [v6 net-next] dt-bindings: net: add st,stlc4560/p54spi binding
  [v6 net-next] p54spi: convert to devicetree
  [v6 omap] ARM: dts: omap2: add stlc4560 spi-wireless node
  gpiolib: turn off legacy interface by default

Cc: Christian Lamparter <[email-masked]>
Cc: Johannes Berg <[email-masked]>
Cc: Aaro Koskinen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andreas Kemnade <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kevin Hilman <[email-masked]>
Cc: Roger Quadros <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Cc: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Cc: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <[email-masked]>
Cc: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Cc: Borislav Petkov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dave Hansen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Linus Walleij <[email-masked]>
Cc: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dmitry Torokhov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lee Jones <[email-masked]>
Cc: Pavel Machek <[email-masked]>
Cc: Matti Vaittinen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Florian Fainelli <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jonas Gorski <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Cc: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
Cc: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

 .../bindings/net/wireless/st,stlc4560.yaml    | 61 +++++++++++++++++
 MAINTAINERS                                   |  1 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/ti/omap/omap2.dtsi          |  4 ++
 .../dts/ti/omap/omap2420-n8x0-common.dtsi     | 12 ++++
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-n8x0.c              | 18 -----
 arch/mips/Kconfig                             |  5 ++
 arch/mips/alchemy/Kconfig                     |  1 -
 arch/mips/txx9/Kconfig                        |  1 +
 arch/sh/Kconfig                               |  1 +
 arch/sh/boards/Kconfig                        |  8 +++
 arch/sh/boards/mach-highlander/Kconfig        |  1 +
 arch/sh/boards/mach-rsk/Kconfig               |  3 +
 arch/x86/Kconfig                              |  1 +
 drivers/gpio/Kconfig                          |  9 ++-
 drivers/input/keyboard/gpio_keys.c            |  7 +-
 drivers/input/keyboard/gpio_keys_polled.c     |  2 +
 drivers/leds/leds-gpio.c                      | 51 +++++++++-----
 drivers/mfd/rohm-bd71828.c                    |  1 -
 drivers/mfd/rohm-bd718x7.c                    |  1 -
 drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_common.c              | 17 ++---
 drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_priv.h                | 25 +++++--
 drivers/net/wireless/intersil/p54/p54spi.c    | 67 +++++++------------
 drivers/net/wireless/intersil/p54/p54spi.h    |  3 +
 include/linux/gpio_keys.h                     |  2 +
 include/linux/leds.h                          |  2 +
 sound/pci/Kconfig                             |  1 +
 26 files changed, 201 insertions(+), 104 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/wireless/st,stlc4560.yaml

-- 
2.39.5