Subject: [PATCH 0/5] drm/bridge: Implement generic USB Type-C DP HPD bridge

From: Chaoyi Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2026 11:28:49 +0800

From: Chaoyi Chen <[email-masked]>

This series is split from the v15 "Add Type-C DP support for RK3399 EVB
IND board" series [1]. It focuses on the DRM bridge and Rockchip
platform CDN-DP controller changes.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

====
1. Generic Type-C DP HPD bridge

Currently, several USB-C controller drivers register their own DP HPD
bridge via aux-hpd-bridge.c, each duplicating the same logic. For
devicetree based platforms, the USB-C controller may vary across boards,
and not every USB-C controller driver implements this feature. Patch 1
implements a generic DP HPD bridge that monitors Type-C bus events and
automatically creates an HPD bridge when a Type-C port device with DP
SVID is registered.

2. Multiple bridge model for CDN-DP

The RK3399 has two USB/DP combo PHY and one CDN-DP controller. Patch 5
introduces a multi-bridge model where each PHY port gets a separate
encoder and bridge, allowing flexible selection of the output PHY port.
This is based on the DRM AUX HPD bridge rather than extcon.

====
Patch 1 adds generic USB Type-C DP HPD bridge (Dmitry, Heikki).
Patch 2 adds new API drm_aux_bridge_register_from_node() (Neil).
Patch 3 adds DRM AUX bridge support for RK3399 USBDP PHY (Neil).
Patch 4 drops CDN-DP's extcon dependency when Type-C is present (Dmitry).
Patch 5 adds multiple bridges to support PHY port selection (Dmitry, Luca).

Chaoyi Chen (5):
  drm/bridge: Implement generic USB Type-C DP HPD bridge
  drm/bridge: aux: Add drm_aux_bridge_register_from_node()
  phy: rockchip: phy-rockchip-typec: Add DRM AUX bridge
  drm/rockchip: cdn-dp: Support handle lane info without extcon
  drm/rockchip: cdn-dp: Add multiple bridges to support PHY port
    selection

 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/Kconfig                |  10 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/Makefile               |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/aux-bridge.c           |  24 +-
 .../gpu/drm/bridge/aux-hpd-typec-dp-bridge.c  |  49 +++
 drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/Kconfig              |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/cdn-dp-core.c        | 349 ++++++++++++++----
 drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/cdn-dp-core.h        |  18 +-
 drivers/phy/rockchip/Kconfig                  |   2 +
 drivers/phy/rockchip/phy-rockchip-typec.c     |  13 +-
 include/drm/bridge/aux-bridge.h               |   6 +
 10 files changed, 404 insertions(+), 69 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/aux-hpd-typec-dp-bridge.c

-- 
2.53.0