Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Delete the Qualcomm crypto engine

From: Demi Marie Obenour via B4 Relay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2026 15:03:55 -0400

The only realistic uses I can think of are:

1. Very weak devices where QCE is actually faster.
2. Devices without bitsliced NEON.

Do any such devices exist in the wild?  I have no idea.

Not even compile-tested, but should be trivial as it just deletes code.
I didn't change the device tree beyond marking the bindings as
deprecated.

Signed-off-by: Demi Marie Obenour <[email-masked]>
---
Demi Marie Obenour (2):
      crypto: Delete Qualcomm crypto engine driver
      devicetree: Mark QCE bindings as deprecated

 .../devicetree/bindings/crypto/qcom-qce.yaml       |   3 +
 MAINTAINERS                                        |   8 -
 arch/arm/configs/multi_v7_defconfig                |   1 -
 arch/arm64/configs/defconfig                       |   1 -
 drivers/crypto/Kconfig                             | 111 ---
 drivers/crypto/Makefile                            |   1 -
 drivers/crypto/qce/Makefile                        |   9 -
 drivers/crypto/qce/aead.c                          | 841 ---------------------
 drivers/crypto/qce/aead.h                          |  56 --
 drivers/crypto/qce/cipher.h                        |  56 --
 drivers/crypto/qce/common.c                        | 595 ---------------
 drivers/crypto/qce/common.h                        | 104 ---
 drivers/crypto/qce/core.c                          | 271 -------
 drivers/crypto/qce/core.h                          |  64 --
 drivers/crypto/qce/dma.c                           | 135 ----
 drivers/crypto/qce/dma.h                           |  47 --
 drivers/crypto/qce/regs-v5.h                       | 326 --------
 drivers/crypto/qce/sha.c                           | 545 -------------
 drivers/crypto/qce/sha.h                           |  72 --
 drivers/crypto/qce/skcipher.c                      | 529 -------------
 20 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3772 deletions(-)
---
base-commit: 49e05bb00f2e8168695f7af4d694c39e1423e8a2
change-id: 20260523-delete-qce-0363d22a8596

Best regards,
-- 
Demi Marie Obenour <[email-masked]>