Subject: Re: [PATCH] iio: pressure: cros_ec_baro: simplify timestamp channel definition

From: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2026 14:40:51 +0800

Hi David,

kernel test robot noticed the following build errors:

[auto build test ERROR on jic23-iio/togreg]
[also build test ERROR on linus/master v7.1-rc5 next-20260527]
[If your patch is applied to the wrong git tree, kindly drop us a note.
And when submitting patch, we suggest to use '--base' as documented in
https://git-scm.com/docs/git-format-patch#_base_tree_information]

url:    https://github.com/intel-lab-lkp/linux/commits/David-Lechner/iio-pressure-cros_ec_baro-simplify-timestamp-channel-definition/20260525-134550
base:   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jic23/iio.git togreg
patch link:    https://lore.kernel.org/r/20260525014654.2399354-1-dlechner%40baylibre.com
patch subject: [PATCH] iio: pressure: cros_ec_baro: simplify timestamp channel definition
config: m68k-allyesconfig (https://download.01.org/0day-ci/archive/20260528/[email-masked]/config)
compiler: m68k-linux-gcc (GCC) 15.2.0
reproduce (this is a W=1 build): (https://download.01.org/0day-ci/archive/20260528/[email-masked]/reproduce)

If you fix the issue in a separate patch/commit (i.e. not just a new version of
the same patch/commit), kindly add following tags
| Reported-by: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>
| Closes: https://lore.kernel.org/oe-kbuild-all/[email-masked]/

All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):

   In file included from include/linux/iio/buffer.h:10,
                    from drivers/iio/pressure/cros_ec_baro.c:9:
   drivers/iio/pressure/cros_ec_baro.c: In function 'cros_ec_baro_probe':
>> include/linux/iio/iio.h:356:38: error: expected expression before '{' token
     356 | #define IIO_CHAN_SOFT_TIMESTAMP(_si) {                                  \
         |                                      ^
   drivers/iio/pressure/cros_ec_baro.c:174:20: note: in expansion of macro 'IIO_CHAN_SOFT_TIMESTAMP'
     174 |         *channel = IIO_CHAN_SOFT_TIMESTAMP(1);
         |                    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vim +356 include/linux/iio/iio.h

00c5f80c2fad53 include/linux/iio/iio.h   Peter Rosin      2016-11-08  355  
07d4655b410a4d include/linux/iio/iio.h   Jonathan Cameron 2013-11-12 @356  #define IIO_CHAN_SOFT_TIMESTAMP(_si) {					\
07d4655b410a4d include/linux/iio/iio.h   Jonathan Cameron 2013-11-12  357  	.type = IIO_TIMESTAMP,						\
07d4655b410a4d include/linux/iio/iio.h   Jonathan Cameron 2013-11-12  358  	.channel = -1,							\
07d4655b410a4d include/linux/iio/iio.h   Jonathan Cameron 2013-11-12  359  	.scan_index = _si,						\
07d4655b410a4d include/linux/iio/iio.h   Jonathan Cameron 2013-11-12  360  	.scan_type = {							\
07d4655b410a4d include/linux/iio/iio.h   Jonathan Cameron 2013-11-12  361  		.sign = 's',						\
07d4655b410a4d include/linux/iio/iio.h   Jonathan Cameron 2013-11-12  362  		.realbits = 64,					\
07d4655b410a4d include/linux/iio/iio.h   Jonathan Cameron 2013-11-12  363  		.storagebits = 64,					\
07d4655b410a4d include/linux/iio/iio.h   Jonathan Cameron 2013-11-12  364  		},							\
07d4655b410a4d include/linux/iio/iio.h   Jonathan Cameron 2013-11-12  365  }
1d892719e70e47 drivers/staging/iio/iio.h Jonathan Cameron 2011-05-18  366  

--
0-DAY CI Kernel Test Service
https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki