Subject: [PATCH v1 0/2] dt-bindings: display: panel: Add LG LP156WF1 dual-LVDS panel

From: Vitor Soares <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2026 12:05:18 +0100

From: Vitor Soares <[email-masked]>

Add support for the LG LP156WF1 15.6" Full-HD dual-link LVDS panel and
a Verdin AM62 overlay for using it through the Verdin Development Board
with the Verdin AM62 Mezzanine LVDS interface.

This is a follow-up to an earlier attempt [1], where panel-lvds.yaml
was incorrectly extended to describe dual-link panels. Back in 2023,
when a generic dual-channel LVDS binding was proposed, Rob Herring [2]
pointed out that dual-link panels should follow the existing
advantech,idk-2121wr pattern instead of introducing a new generic
compatible.

Following that approach, this series adds a dedicated binding for
lg,lp156wf1, with the dual-link LVDS ports described by
lvds-dual-ports.yaml, and excludes it from the generic panel-lvds
schema selection.
The second patch adds the Verdin AM62 overlay for the LG LP156WF1 panel
on the Mezzanine LVDS connector.

This series should be applied on top of [3] to avoid conflicts in the TI
device-tree Makefile with the other overlay additions.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
[3] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Vitor Soares (2):
  dt-bindings: display: panel: Add LG LP156WF1
  arm64: dts: ti: k3-am62-verdin: Add Mezzanine with LG LP156WF1 LVDS
    panel

 .../bindings/display/panel/lg,lp156wf1.yaml   | 105 ++++++++++++++
 .../bindings/display/panel/panel-lvds.yaml    |   1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/ti/Makefile               |   5 +
 ...verdin-dev-mezzanine-lvds-lg-lp156wf1.dtso | 131 ++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 242 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/display/panel/lg,lp156wf1.yaml
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/ti/k3-am625-verdin-dev-mezzanine-lvds-lg-lp156wf1.dtso

-- 
2.54.0