Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] i.MX8MQ EVK: Enable dual OV5640 cameras

From: Robby Cai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2026 21:23:32 +0800

This series enables dual OV5640 camera support on the i.MX8MQ EVK.

The DT describes two sensors connected to different MIPI CSI-2
interfaces, while both sensors share a common reset GPIO.

To properly handle the shared reset line, the OV5640 driver is updated
to use the reset control framework instead of directly controlling the
GPIO.

Changes in v3:
- Add OV5640 driver changes to use reset control framework for shared reset
- Drop GPIO hog for reset in DTS

Link to v2: https://lore.kernel.org/imx/[email-masked]/

Changes in v2:
- Address comments on MIPI clock configuration (Frank, Sebastian):
  drop the first patch and consolidate the correct clock configuration
  into the second patch
- Address comments from sashiko:
  * Use MEDIA_BUS_TYPE_CSI2_DPHY instead of a literal value
  * Fix a probe-order dependency related to reset handling. Switch to
    software reset, as the shared hardware reset line prevents
    independent reset when both cameras are enabled due to a board
    design limitation
  * Fix incorrect voltage value in the reg_2v8 node

Link to v1: https://lore.kernel.org/imx/[email-masked]/

Signed-off-by: Robby Cai <[email-masked]>

Robby Cai (2):
  arm64: dts: imx8mq-evk: Enable MIPI CSI and dual OV5640 cameras
  media: i2c: ov5640: Use reset control framework to support shared
    reset

 arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/imx8mq-evk.dts | 150 +++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/media/i2c/ov5640.c                   |  18 +--
 2 files changed, 159 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.50.1