Subject: [PATCH v2 00/15] arm64: support Engicam MicroGEA-STM32MP257-RMM board

From: Dario Binacchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2026 16:46:14 +0200

This series adds initial support for the Engicam MicroGEA-STM32MP257-RMM
board based on the MicroGEA-STM32MP257 SoM.

The support includes device tree descriptions for both the SoM and the
carrier board, together with the required pinctrl definitions for the
peripherals used.

The series also updates the arm64 defconfig accordingly.

Notes:
Following Arnd's guidance [1], patch 14/15 "arm64: defconfig: cleanup the
defconfig" is kept in this series purely for review purposes. Since a better
version of this change has already been merged via Krzysztof's cleanups,
this patch will be skipped once the review is complete.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Changes in v2:
- Add Acked-by of Conor Dooley for patch 0/1 "dt-bindings: arm: stm32:
  support Engicam MicroGEA-STM32MP257-RMM board"
- Add resets property to dts CAN node. Suggested by Sashiko.
- Drop the clocks property from the sai1 node in stm32mp257-engicam-microgea-rmm.dts
  to avoid overriding the peripheral bus clock reference defined in the base
  SoC device tree. Suggested by Sashiko.
- Reference the existing labeled nodes directly at the root level using
  &sai1a and &sai1b in stm32mp257-engicam-microgea-rmm.dts instead of
  redefining the entire node structure and redeclaring the labels. Suggested by Sashiko.
- Drop the #clock-cells property from sai1a and remove the reference to sai1a from
  the clocks array in sai1b, relying strictly on the st,sync property to handle
  internal synchronization.

Dario Binacchi (15):
  dt-bindings: arm: stm32: support Engicam MicroGEA-STM32MP257-RMM board
  arm64: dts: st: add SDMMC2 support on stm32mp25
  arm64: dts: st: add CAN1 support on stm32mp25
  arm64: dts: st: add i2c1 pins for stm32mp25
  arm64: dts: st: add ltdc pins for stm32mp25
  arm64: dts: st: add can1 pins for stm32mp25
  arm64: dts: st: add pwm2/pwm4 pins for stm32mp25
  arm64: dts: st: add sai1 pins for stm32mp25
  arm64: dts: st: add sdmmc2 pins for stm32mp25
  arm64: dts: st: add spi1 pins for stm32mp25
  arm64: dts: st: add usart1 pins for stm32mp25
  arm64: dts: st: support Engicam MicroGEA-STM32MP257 SoM
  arm64: dts: st: support Engicam MicroGEA-STM32MP257-RMM board
  arm64: defconfig: cleanup the defconfig
  arm64: defconfig: enable configs for Engicam MicroGEA-STM32MP257-RMM

 .../devicetree/bindings/arm/stm32/stm32.yaml  |   7 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/st/Makefile               |   1 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/st/stm32mp25-pinctrl.dtsi | 328 ++++++++++++++++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/st/stm32mp251.dtsi        |  15 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/st/stm32mp253.dtsi        |  16 +
 .../st/stm32mp257-engicam-microgea-rmm.dts    | 319 +++++++++++++++++
 .../dts/st/stm32mp257-engicam-microgea.dtsi   |  64 ++++
 arch/arm64/configs/defconfig                  | 293 ++++++----------
 8 files changed, 861 insertions(+), 182 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/st/stm32mp257-engicam-microgea-rmm.dts
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/boot/dts/st/stm32mp257-engicam-microgea.dtsi

-- 
2.43.0

base-commit: 8fde5d1d47f69db6082dfa34500c27f8485389a5
branch: stm32mp257d-microgea