Subject: [PATCH 0/2] HiSilicon TRNG fix and simplification

From: Eric Biggers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2026 13:26:22 -0700

This series fixes and greatly simplifies the HiSilicon TRNG driver by
removing the gratuitous crypto_rng interface, leaving just hwrng which
is the one that actually matters.

Note that this mirrors similar changes in other drivers such as qcom-rng
(https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked])

Eric Biggers (2):
  crypto: hisi-trng - Remove crypto_rng interface
  hwrng: hisi-trng - Move hisi-trng into drivers/char/hw_random/

 MAINTAINERS                            |   2 +-
 arch/arm64/configs/defconfig           |   2 +-
 drivers/char/hw_random/Kconfig         |  10 +
 drivers/char/hw_random/Makefile        |   1 +
 drivers/char/hw_random/hisi-trng-v2.c  |  98 +++++++
 drivers/crypto/hisilicon/Kconfig       |   8 -
 drivers/crypto/hisilicon/Makefile      |   1 -
 drivers/crypto/hisilicon/trng/Makefile |   2 -
 drivers/crypto/hisilicon/trng/trng.c   | 390 -------------------------
 9 files changed, 111 insertions(+), 403 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/char/hw_random/hisi-trng-v2.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/crypto/hisilicon/trng/Makefile
 delete mode 100644 drivers/crypto/hisilicon/trng/trng.c

base-commit: 5624ea54f3ba5c83d2e5503411a31a8be0278c1e
prerequisite-patch-id: 07e982b663ac3f8312ca524f6b91b5b38661df5e
prerequisite-patch-id: 72064361a8f36e015ab0b7e1fa4d364b40d90506
prerequisite-patch-id: 8978b8e0db7f47935e5f6f0aff14a97f55d3073c
prerequisite-patch-id: 6aa0e3e93a008279d71e535a3d0cf48643f55e19
-- 
2.54.0