Subject: [GIT PULL 3/6] soc/tegra: pmc: Changes for v7.2-rc1

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2026 08:08:20 +0200

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>

Hi ARM SoC maintainers,

The following changes since commit 254f49634ee16a731174d2ae34bc50bd5f45e731:

  Linux 7.1-rc1 (2026-04-26 14:19:00 -0700)

are available in the Git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git tags/tegra-for-7.2-pmc

for you to fetch changes up to 2cee7da9743396aff1fd13124109c78975c92ad8:

  soc/tegra: pmc: Add Tegra238 support (2026-05-31 07:21:15 +0200)

I've split this out into a separate branch (it would typically have been
part of for-7.2/soc) because it contains cross-subsystem patches, so the
separate branch would make it easier if it ever needed to be shared.

Thanks,
Thierry

----------------------------------------------------------------
soc/tegra: pmc: Changes for v7.2-rc1

The bulk of these changes converts existing users to the modern variants
of the API that take a PMC instance as argument. This completes the
transition to multi-instance support, which then makes room for cleanups
and restricting the remaining legacy APIs to 32-bit platforms.

Some changes in this set also clean up powergate debugfs and restrict
the power-off handler to be installed only where appropriate. Lastly,
support for Tegra238 is added.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Diogo Ivo (1):
      soc/tegra: pmc: Restrict power-off handler to Nexus 7

Jon Hunter (1):
      soc/tegra: pmc: Populate powergate debugfs only when needed

Prathamesh Shete (1):
      soc/tegra: pmc: Add Tegra238 support

Thierry Reding (9):
      ata: ahci_tegra: Explicitly specify PMC instance to use
      drm/nouveau: tegra: Explicitly specify PMC instance to use
      drm/tegra: Explicitly specify PMC instance to use
      media: vde: Explicitly specify PMC instance to use
      PCI: tegra: Explicitly specify PMC instance to use
      usb: xhci: tegra: Explicitly specify PMC instance to use
      soc/tegra: pmc: Create PMC context dynamically
      soc/tegra: pmc: Remove unused legacy functions
      soc/tegra: pmc: Move legacy code behind CONFIG_ARM guard

 drivers/ata/ahci_tegra.c                           |  17 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/include/nvkm/core/tegra.h  |   2 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nvkm/engine/device/tegra.c |   9 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/dc.c                         |  14 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/dc.h                         |   1 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/gr3d.c                       |   9 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/sor.c                        |  16 +-
 drivers/media/platform/nvidia/tegra-vde/vde.c      |  15 +-
 drivers/media/platform/nvidia/tegra-vde/vde.h      |   1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/pci-tegra.c                 |  19 +-
 drivers/soc/tegra/pmc.c                            | 648 ++++++++++++---------
 drivers/usb/host/xhci-tegra.c                      |  38 +-
 include/soc/tegra/pmc.h                            |  81 +--
 13 files changed, 507 insertions(+), 363 deletions(-)