Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Xilinx TRNG fix and simplification

From: Eric Biggers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2026 12:17:34 -0700

This series fixes and greatly simplifies the Xilinx TRNG driver by:

- Removing the gratuitous crypto_rng interface, leaving just hwrng which
  is the one that actually matters.

- Replacing the really complicated AES based entropy extraction
  algorithm with a much simpler one.

Note that this mirrors similar changes in other drivers.

Eric Biggers (4):
  crypto: xilinx-trng - Remove crypto_rng interface
  crypto: xilinx-trng - Fix return value of xtrng_hwrng_trng_read()
  crypto: xilinx-trng - Replace crypto_drbg_ctr_df() with HMAC-SHA512
  hwrng: xilinx - Move xilinx-rng into drivers/char/hw_random/

 MAINTAINERS                                   |   2 +-
 arch/arm64/configs/defconfig                  |   2 +-
 crypto/Kconfig                                |   5 -
 crypto/Makefile                               |   2 -
 crypto/df_sp80090a.c                          | 222 ------------------
 drivers/char/hw_random/Kconfig                |  11 +
 drivers/char/hw_random/Makefile               |   1 +
 .../xilinx => char/hw_random}/xilinx-trng.c   | 134 ++---------
 drivers/crypto/Kconfig                        |  13 -
 drivers/crypto/xilinx/Makefile                |   1 -
 include/crypto/df_sp80090a.h                  |  53 -----
 11 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 409 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 crypto/df_sp80090a.c
 rename drivers/{crypto/xilinx => char/hw_random}/xilinx-trng.c (75%)
 delete mode 100644 include/crypto/df_sp80090a.h

base-commit: 5624ea54f3ba5c83d2e5503411a31a8be0278c1e
prerequisite-patch-id: 07e982b663ac3f8312ca524f6b91b5b38661df5e
prerequisite-patch-id: 72064361a8f36e015ab0b7e1fa4d364b40d90506
prerequisite-patch-id: 8978b8e0db7f47935e5f6f0aff14a97f55d3073c
prerequisite-patch-id: 6aa0e3e93a008279d71e535a3d0cf48643f55e19
-- 
2.54.0