Subject: [PATCH 0/3] serial: mxs-auart: devm conversion, clock rework, and IRQ ordering fixes

From: Rosen Penev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2026 19:58:54 -0700

This series cleans up the mxs-auart driver by converting to devm-managed
resources, fixing clock prepare/enable ordering, and addressing IRQ
registration races.

Patch 1 reworks the clock handling to use devm_clk_get_enabled and
reorders clk_prepare_enable after clk_set_rate to avoid
CLK_SET_RATE_GATE failures.

Patch 2 converts iomem mapping and GPIO IRQ requests to devm,
removing the manual cleanup paths.

Patch 3 moves the main UART IRQ registration after uart_add_one_port
so the port state is initialized before the handler can run, and
manages the module clock for console vs non-console ports correctly.

Rosen Penev (3):
  serial: mxs-auart: rework clock handling in mxs_get_clks and probe
  serial: mxs-auart: use devm resources for iomem and GPIO IRQs
  serial: mxs-auart: fix IRQ registration ordering and manage console
    clock

 drivers/tty/serial/mxs-auart.c | 133 ++++++++++++++-------------------
 1 file changed, 55 insertions(+), 78 deletions(-)

-- 
2.54.0