Subject: [PATCH v2 0/5] fixes for data/bss linear alias unmap series

From: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2026 17:11:52 +0200

From: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>

Fixes for the data/bss linear alias unmap series:

- Fix KASAN related issue reported by Mark, by moving all KASAN page
  tables out of BSS [on arm64], not just the ones defined under
  arch/arm64

- Fix two issues spotted by Sashiko

- Fix the CKI reported WARN() splat on BBML2_NOABORT systems that try to
  split block mappings too early.

Changes since v1:

- Split .bss..pgtbl changes off into separate patch
- Take Catalin's suggestion on how to address MTE issue with the
  read-only zero page
- Improved commit logs

Cc: Kevin Brodsky <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Cc: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>

Ard Biesheuvel (5):
  arm64: Rename page table BSS section to .bss..pgtbl
  kasan: Move generic KASAN page tables out of BSS too
  arm64: Avoid double evaluation of __ptep_get()
  KVM: arm64: Omit tag sync on stage-2 mappings of the zero page
  arm64: mm: Defer remap of linear alias of data/bss

 arch/arm64/include/asm/linkage.h |  2 ++
 arch/arm64/include/asm/mmu.h     |  2 --
 arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable.h |  4 ----
 arch/arm64/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S  |  8 ++++----
 arch/arm64/kvm/mmu.c             |  5 +++++
 arch/arm64/mm/fixmap.c           |  6 +++---
 arch/arm64/mm/kasan_init.c       |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/mm/mmu.c              | 20 +++++++++++++-------
 include/linux/linkage.h          |  4 ++++
 mm/kasan/init.c                  | 10 +++++-----
 10 files changed, 37 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)

base-commit: 63e0b6a5b6934d6a919d1c65ea185303200a1874
-- 
2.54.0.1032.g2f8565e1d1-goog