Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/2] ASoC: atmel: ac97c: Fix IRQ handling sequences

From: Manish Baing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2026 20:36:21 +0000

This series addresses two hardware initialization and teardown issues in 
the atmel_ac97c driver flagged by the Sashiko AI bot.
The original report can be found here:
https://sashiko.dev/#/patchset/[email-masked]?part=1

- Patch 1 moves request_irq() to the end of probe to prevent a null pointer
  dereference if an interrupt fires early.
- Patch 2 reorders the teardown sequence to free the IRQ before disabling
  clocks and unmapping memory, preventing a use-after-free.

I am submitting this as an RFC because I do not have the physical hardware
to test these changes, However, my manual analysis indicates these are 
valid bugs, and the series compiles cleanly with W=1.

Manish Baing (2):
  ASoC: sound: atmel_ac97c: Fix IRQ handler null pointer dereference
  ASoC: atmel: ac97c: Fix use-after-free on driver teardown

 sound/atmel/ac97c.c | 20 +++++++++++---------
 1 file changed, 11 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0