Subject: [PATCH 1/2] Revert "clk: rockchip: reset init state before mmc card initialization"

From: [email-masked] (Heiko Stuebner)
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 01:41:11 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2016, 11:03:16 schrieb Douglas Anderson:

Not sure what the policy is for revert-subjects in the clock-tree, but I 
guess

clk: rockchip: Revert "reset init state before mmc card initialization"

might look nicer?

> This reverts commit 7a03fe6f48f3 ("clk: rockchip: reset init state
> before mmc card initialization").

I've tested these two patches together with the dw_mmc one and everything 
that worked before still works (tuning on veyron-jerry) and everything that 
didn't work still doesn't work (tuning on firefly [likely a regulator issue]).

And re-checking the code against the TRM I now also see the mask that is to 
short (1 bit in the code vs. the actual 2 bits described in the manual)

[...]

> 1. Just this revert: likely will fix rk3288-veyron eMMC on some devices
>    + other cases; might break someone with a strange bootloader that
>    sets the phase to 0 or one that uses delay elements (pretty
>    unpredicable what would happen in that case).
> 2. Just dw_mmc patch: fixes everyone.  Effectly the dw_mmc patch will
>    totally override the broken patch and fix everything.
> 3. Both patches: fixes everyone.  Once dw_mmc is initting properly then
>    any defaults from the clock code doesn't mattery.

I'm still trying to make up my mind on how to proceed - aka in which order 
patches should get picked up.

Going with the "if it isn't upstream it doesn't exist" mantra Rob wrote 
somewhere some days ago, taking this revert should not hurt anything, as all 
the non-veyron devices currently don't support any tuning at all.

So I'd think except for the issue Shawn was originally trying to fix (for 
some non-mainline board?) it should be possible to take this patch any time 
independently of the dw_mmc part.

If Stephen or Mike want to do this directly, this is
Reviewed-by: Heiko Stuebner <[email-masked]>

> Fixes: 7a03fe6f48f3 ("clk: rockchip: reset init state before mmc card
> initialization")
> Signed-off-by: Douglas Anderson <[email-masked]>