Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] ARM: dts: rockchip: move rk3288-veryon display settings into a separate file

From: Heiko Stuebner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 00:19:27 +0200

Hi Matthias,

Am Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2019, 00:26:28 CEST schrieb Matthias Kaehlcke:
> The chromebook .dtsi file contains common settings for veyron
> Chromebooks with eDP displays. Some veyron devices with a display
> aren't Chromebooks (e.g. 'tiger' aka 'AOpen Chromebase Mini'), move
> display related bits from the chromebook .dtsi into a separate file
> to avoid redundant DT settings.
> 
> The new file is included from the chromebook .dtsi and can be
> included by non-Chromebook devices with a display.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Matthias Kaehlcke <[email-masked]>
> ---
> This series is based on v5.3-armsoc/dts32 (f497ab6b4bb8 "ARM:
> dts: rockchip: Configure BT_HOST_WAKE as wake-up signal on
> veyron") plus the display timing patches from Doug:

the display-timing patches are still stuck on panel-review.

But while we wait for that to get resolved, you could also check if
the veyron panels could use Enric's fanzy new automatic calculation
of brightness-leves in the pwm-backlight driver, so that we possibly
could get rid of the long table of levels.

Heiko

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel