Subject: Re: [PATCH] clocksource/drivers: Fix error handling in ttc_setup_clocksource

From: Markus Elfring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 09:24:00 +0200

> In the implementation of ttc_setup_clocksource() when
> clk_notifier_register() fails the execution should go to error handling.
> Additionally, to avoid memory leak the allocated memory for ttccs should
> be released, too.

I got other wording preferences. Thus I imagine that such a change
description can still be improved another bit.

How do you think about to omit the word “should” for describing
the previous software situation?

> So, goto error handling to release the memory and return.

Would you like to express the addition of a jump target (according to
the Linux coding style) for the completion of desired exception handling
in a different way?

Regards,
Markus

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel