Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/17] net: introduce Qualcomm IPA driver

From: Subash Abhinov Kasiviswanathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 10:52:16 -0600

> The general plan (and I believe Daniele Palmas was working on it) was
> to eventually make qmi_wwan use rmnet rather than its internal sysfs-
> based implementation. qmi_wwan and ipa are at essentially the same
> level and both could utilize rmnet on top.
> 
> *That's* what I'd like to see. I don't want to see two different ways
> to get QMAP packets to modem firmware from two different drivers that
> really could use the same code.
> 
> Dan

qmi_wwan is based on USB and is very different from the IPA interconnect
though. AFAIK, they do not have much in common (apart from sending &
receiving MAP packets from hardware).

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel