Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 00/11] thermal: samsung: Add support for Google GS101 TMU

From: Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2026 11:24:16 +0200

On 23/04/2026 17:22, Tudor Ambarus wrote:
> Add support for the Thermal Management Unit (TMU) on the Google GS101
> SoC.
> 
> The GS101 TMU implementation utilizes a hybrid architecture where
> management is shared between the kernel and the Alive Clock and
> Power Manager (ACPM) firmware. This hybrid ACPM TMU architecture is 
> also present on other Samsung Exynos SoCs (e.g., AutoV920, Exynos850).
> 
> Dependencies
> ============
> - context dependency on the ACPM fixes sent at:
>   Link: https://lore.kernel.org/linux-samsung-soc/[email-masked]/T/#t
> - cleanup and prep firmware patches 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7: required by the
>   thermal driver (patch 8).

Well, cleanup in one driver cannot be a dependency for other driver.

> - bindings (patch 1): required for DTS validation.
> - thermal driver patch 8: required by defconfig (patch 11) - logical
> dependency. 

Most of the patches should be taken before, which would leave you only
final new firmware interface as dependency. Creating such unnecessary
dependencies is not helping.

And the patchset even grew and will conflict with other firmware work,
so I will deal with firmware bits and I can provide them via stable tag
to thermal for the last patch.

Best regards,
Krzysztof