Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 00/23] drm: bridge: dw_hdmi: Misc enable/disable, CEC and EDID cleanup

From: Heiko Stuebner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2026 11:14:07 +0200

Am Montag, 18. Mai 2026, 20:01:36 Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit schrieb Jonas Karlman:
> This is a revival of an old dw-hdmi series and is the first series part
> of a new effort to upstream old LibreELEC HDMI 2.0 patches for Rockchip
> RK33xx devices.
> 
> This series ensure poweron/poweroff and CEC phys addr invalidation is
> happening during normal DRM funcs, ensures EDID and CEC phys addr is
> updated in detect() similar to how the bridge connector works with a
> HDMI bridge attached, and also changes to debounce hotplug processing
> to prevent a full disable/enable cycle during a HPD low voltage pulse.
> 
> After this series HPD, EDID and CEC handling should work very similar
> regardless is the dw-hdmi connector or the bridge connector is used.
> It should also help ensure a smoother transition when dw-hdmi is fully
> converted into a HDMI bridge in a future series.
> 
> These changes have mainly been tested on Rockchip RK3328, RK3399 and
> RK3568 devices using both the dw-hdmi connector and also using a basic
> convert to use a bridge connector. The changes has also been tested on
> Amlogic S905X, S905Y2 and A311D devices that uses the bridge connector.

I now also gave this a spin on a rk3328 board and hdmi still workx :-)

Tested-by: Heiko Stuebner <[email-masked]> #rk3328