Subject: [PATCH] atmel_serial: Atmel RS485 support

From: [email-masked] (Claudio Scordino)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:15:25 +0100

Hi Ryan,

    first of all, thank you for your feedback.

To me, all comments seem to be reasonable, except maybe the following one:

>>  
>> +static void atmel_start_rx(struct uart_port *port);
>> +static void atmel_stop_rx(struct uart_port *port);
> 
> Can you move these functions, so that these declarations are not needed?

Actually, atmel_stop_rx is already defined, and I prefer to not move it 
(since I change it, people may get confused by the diff...).
I also think that atmel_start_rx (which is added by the patch) should be 
near to atmel_stop_rx...

>> +        UART_PUT_IDR(port, ATMEL_US_ENDRX | ATMEL_US_TIMEOUT |
>> port->read_status_mask);
> 
> This line, and a couple of others, extend over 80 characters. Could you
> please split them up.

Of course. I'm going to split them up and use a backslash at the end of 
  the original lines.

I will create a new patch according to your comments, test it and submit 
again to the mailing list.

Many thanks again,

                 Claudio