Subject: [alsa-devel] [PATCH] imx-ssi.c: fix I2S slave setup

From: [email-masked] (Eric Bénard)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 03:44:33 +0200

Hi Mark,

Le 27/05/2010 02:57, Mark Brown a ?crit :
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 06:37:53PM +0200, Eric B??nard wrote:
>> * without this fix, the waveform on the SSI port are not real
>> I2S signal (at least on i.MX27's SSI4)
>
> As I said in reply to your previous patch the current mainline i.MX
> driver is not able to master the clocks at all?
>
the problem in not on the clocks (which are generated by the external 
codec which is the master), but on the way the i.MX's SSI outputs the 
data vs the framesync provided by the external codec.

If this setting is not the right one (even if sound works perfectly here 
with it), then there is a bug somewhere else preventing the i.MX's SSI 
to provide he right data to my TLV320AIC23B using I2S.

Please find attached the patches which add the TLV320 support to our 
i.MX27 board because the bug may be there :-)

Eric