Subject: Query: Patches break with Microsoft exchange server.

From: [email-masked] (Justin P. Mattock)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 20:24:31 -0000

On 08/08/2010 11:55 PM, viresh kumar wrote:
> On 8/9/2010 12:12 PM, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
>> On 08/08/2010 11:07 PM, viresh kumar wrote:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> Mail server in ST has recently changed and now we have Microsoft
>>>> exchange server. We are using thunderbird as mail client.
>>>> What we observed with this server is that patch are broken now while
>>>> sending as well as receiving. Tabs are replaced by spaces and may
>>>> be some other too which we haven't observed.
>>>>
>>>> Has anybody found a solution to this kind of issues? Are there any
>>>> workarounds possible?
>>>>
>>
>> still trying to figure this out with thunderbird.. but did notice in
>> Documentation/email-clients.txt and SubmittingPatches
>> there's info about that(just haven't gotten around to reading use git
>> send-email for patches)
>>
>> hope this helps.
>
> I missed this information in my last mail. We are using git send-email for
> sending patches. As patches will go through Microsoft exchange server only,
> so they are broken.
>
> viresh.
>

hmm.. then I don't know the answer to that.. always send through git 
send-email(patches)and things are good(knock-on-wood)always ran into 
issues with copy/pasting onto thunderbird. Hopefully somebody else with 
more knowledge of using git send-email patches through microsoft 
exchange answers this..

side note: maybe postfix or some type of wrapper around the wording 
message(utf-8) to keep microsoft from mangling things or 
something.(tough to say though)

Justin P. Mattock
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo at vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/