Subject: [PATCH] ulpi: add i.MX25 & 35 internal PHY ID

From: [email-masked] (Eric Bénard)
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 17:12:07 +0200

Hi Igor,

Le 05/10/2010 14:59, Igor Grinberg a ?crit :
> This driver is still in development stage and is not fully functional,
> so I'd like to keep the table and ID info printing, but I really don't like
> trivial IDs, like that of Eric.
>
> How about something like the attached patch?
>
> Eric, can you test if it works for you?
>
> If it's good, I can send a prettier version of it for review and merging.
>
ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
mxc-ehci mxc-ehci.0: initializing i.MX USB Controller
ULPI transceiver vendor/product ID 0x0000/0x0000
ULPI integrity check: failed!

In fact, that's my fault, the internal PHY is not ULPI but UTMI so we 
should not use these functions here and it was working until now by 
chance as there are dedicated registers to control the internal PHY 
which are initialized with the right values as a default.

Sorry for the noise and forget my patch which is wrong, I'll rework the 
platform data as in the present case we should not provide use ulpi when 
using the internal PHY.

Eric