Subject: [PATCH 2/3] regulators: Update of ab8500 driver

From: [email-masked] (Bengt Jonsson)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 08:57:09 +0100

On 2010-11-23 19:38, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 07:25:53PM +0100, Bengt Jonsson wrote:
>> This patch updates the driver with some bug fixes, support
>> for v2 hardware, support for regulator_count_voltages,
>> changes for reading the board config, added indexing of
>> the regulator array and added debug prints.
>
> This is a whole series of changes which don't seem terribly related to
> each other and aren't clearly described - please split this out into a
> patch series which clearly shows each individual change.  For example,
> one change per bug fix, another adding v2 support, another adding count
> support and so on.  As things stand it's very difficult to review your
> patch as it's not clear what each change is supposed to be doing or that
> bits haven't been missed from changes.
I will do that.
>
>> -	ret = abx500_get_register_interruptible(info->dev, info->voltage_bank,
>> -		info->voltage_reg,&value);
>> +	ret = abx500_get_register_interruptible(info->dev,
>> +			info->voltage_bank, info->voltage_reg,&regval);
>
> In addition to what's noted above you also appear to have some renaming
> of variables and struct members plus some other stylistic changes which
> adds to the noise, again these should be split out for ease of review.
I will do that too.
>
>> +	[AB8500_REGULATOR_INTCORE] = {
>> +		.desc = {
>> +			.name		= "intcore",
>
> The previous way of listing the regulators with a macro seemed more
> immediately readable?
Removing the macros is just my suggestion. The disadvantage I see with 
macros is that I need to read both the macro and the listing to see what 
it really does. On the other hand, macros are probably more compact. If 
it is ok, I will break out a patch with this change and put it in the 
end of the patch stack. Then you can decide if you want it or not.