Subject: D-Link DNS323 Rev. B1 Problem with Kernel 2.6.38.1 (2.6.38, too) - I2C-Bus mv64xxx / RTC ST M41T80 / LM75 Sensor

From: [email-masked] (Manuel Roeder)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 09:19:48 +0100

Hello,

I found problems using 2.6.38.1 (2.6.38, too)  on DNS323 Rev. B1
(orion5x) - seems to be an I2C-Bus- or RTC-driver problem.

[   18.270364] i2c /dev entries driver
[   18.274728] rtc-m41t80 0-0068: chip found, driver version 0.05
[   18.280955] m41t80: dev (254:0)
[   18.281012] rtc-m41t80 0-0068: rtc core: registered m41t80 as rtc0
[   20.280626] i2c i2c-0: mv64xxx: I2C bus locked, block: 1, time_left: 0
[   20.287144] rtc-m41t80 0-0068: Can't clear HT bit
[   20.292139] rtc-m41t80: probe of 0-0068 failed with error -5
[   22.290615] i2c i2c-0: mv64xxx: I2C bus locked, block: 1, time_left: 0
[   22.297153] lm75: probe of 0-0048 failed with error -110
[   24.300623] i2c i2c-0: mv64xxx: I2C bus locked, block: 1, time_left: 0
[   26.300925] i2c i2c-0: mv64xxx: I2C bus locked, block: 1, time_left: 0
[   28.300905] i2c i2c-0: mv64xxx: I2C bus locked, block: 1, time_left: 0
[   30.300636] i2c i2c-0: mv64xxx: I2C bus locked, block: 1, time_left: 0
[   32.300906] i2c i2c-0: mv64xxx: I2C bus locked, block: 1, time_left: 0
[   34.300844] i2c i2c-0: mv64xxx: I2C bus locked, block: 1, time_left: 0
[   36.300648] i2c i2c-0: mv64xxx: I2C bus locked, block: 1, time_left: 0

This problem does not occur using original firmware (moddified 2.6.16
Kernel).
Fan, RTC and temp. sensors are working fine with original firmware.

regards Manuel Roeder, manuel.roeder(at)web.de