Subject: [PATCH v16 00/12] OMAP: dmtimer: adaptation to platform_driver

From: [email-masked] (Cousson, Benoit)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 16:33:49 +0200

+ Arnd

Hi Tony,

After rebasing by DT series on top of your dt-base, I noticed two minor 
issues from this timer series.

First some new warnings:

[    0.260009]  omap_timer.1: alias fck already exists
[    0.260345]  omap_timer.2: alias fck already exists
[    0.260650]  omap_timer.3: alias fck already exists
[    0.260955]  omap_timer.4: alias fck already exists
[    0.261260]  omap_timer.5: alias fck already exists
[    0.261566]  omap_timer.6: alias fck already exists
[    0.261871]  omap_timer.7: alias fck already exists
[    0.262207]  omap_timer.8: alias fck already exists
[    0.262512]  omap_timer.9: alias fck already exists
[    0.262847]  omap_timer.10: alias fck already exists
[    0.263153]  omap_timer.11: alias fck already exists

These warnings are due to the commit 
318c3e15cd55c73a26ae22a65a8183655b3003f9  ARM: OMAP2+: dmtimer: add 
device names to flck nodes

Since 3.1, the fck clock nodes are added automatically based on hwmod 
main_clk attribute.

+       CLK("omap_timer.1",     "fck",         &timer1_fck,    CK_443X),
+       CLK("omap_timer.2",     "fck",         &timer2_fck,    CK_443X),
+       CLK("omap_timer.3",     "fck",         &timer3_fck,    CK_443X),
+       CLK("omap_timer.4",     "fck",         &timer4_fck,    CK_443X),
+       CLK("omap_timer.5",     "fck",         &timer5_fck,    CK_443X),
+       CLK("omap_timer.6",     "fck",         &timer6_fck,    CK_443X),
+       CLK("omap_timer.7",     "fck",         &timer7_fck,    CK_443X),
+       CLK("omap_timer.8",     "fck",         &timer8_fck,    CK_443X),
+       CLK("omap_timer.9",     "fck",         &timer9_fck,    CK_443X),
+       CLK("omap_timer.10",    "fck",         &timer10_fck,   CK_443X),
+       CLK("omap_timer.11",    "fck",         &timer11_fck,   CK_443X),

So they should not exist in this patch.

Moreover, all the legacy clockdev should be removed at the same time.

CLK(NULL,	"gpt1_fck",		&timer1_fck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt10_fck",		&timer10_fck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt11_fck",		&timer11_fck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt2_fck",		&timer2_fck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt3_fck",		&timer3_fck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt4_fck",		&timer4_fck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt5_fck",		&timer5_fck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt6_fck",		&timer6_fck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt7_fck",		&timer7_fck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt8_fck",		&timer8_fck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt9_fck",		&timer9_fck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt1_ick",		&dummy_ck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt2_ick",		&dummy_ck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt3_ick",		&dummy_ck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt4_ick",		&dummy_ck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt5_ick",		&dummy_ck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt6_ick",		&dummy_ck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt7_ick",		&dummy_ck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt8_ick",		&dummy_ck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt9_ick",		&dummy_ck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt10_ick",		&dummy_ck,	CK_443X),
CLK(NULL,	"gpt11_ick",		&dummy_ck,	CK_443X),

That will reduce a little bit the size of these static data files.

Secondly, in commit c345c8b09d7a131f3571af55341038054a79efbd ARM: 
OMAP2+: dmtimer: convert to platform devices

+struct omap_device_pm_latency omap2_dmtimer_latency[] = {
+       {
+               .deactivate_func = omap_device_idle_hwmods,
+               .activate_func   = omap_device_enable_hwmods,
+               .flags = OMAP_DEVICE_LATENCY_AUTO_ADJUST,
+       },
+};
+

That structure should be removed, since I added a default one in the 
omap_device cleanup series for 3.2. Assuming that the cleanup is pulled 
before the new feature, the timer series could avoid adding that.

How do you want to handle that, using some cleanup patch on top of your 
current branch or by resubmitting the series?
The point is that this branch was already pulled by Arnd in 
arm-soc/next/dmtimer feature branch.

Regards,
Benoit