Subject: [PATCH 5/7] ARM: EXYNOS4: Add support external GIC

From: [email-masked] (Marc Zyngier)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:30:48 +0100

Hi Changwan,

On 11/10/11 13:22, Changhwan Youn wrote:
>> Kukjin, could you please comment on the presence of a common memory
>> region for the distributor? This seem quite odd...
> 
> Some registers in Distributor are banked for PPI and SGI support (banked interrupts).
> The register for pending and enable status of these interrupts are 
> banked.

Right, that explains it then.

> Marc, I think the approach in your patch is much better than mine if it doesn't hurt
> the performance of other platforms which use the common gic code.

It probably doesn't hurt the general case too much (I expect a bit more
pressure on the d-cache because of the per-cpu stuff, but nothing to be
too worried about).

> I'll re-work the exynos4 interrupt code based on your patch though
> I'm not sure that it's possible to be merged in merge window.

My main concern at the moment is that mainline is broken as far as
EXYNOS4 is concerned (there's a race with the EOI hook), so that should
get fixed first.

Cheers,

	M.
-- 
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny...