Subject: [GIT PULL] DEBUG_LL platform updates for 3.2

From: [email-masked] (Ryan Mallon)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 10:09:14 +1100

On 14/10/11 00:39, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> 
>> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:30:11AM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>>> On Tuesday 11 October 2011 20:03:38 Nicolas Pitre wrote:
>>>> On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I've stuck them into the arm-soc tree for now, so we get linux-next
>>>>> coverage, but I won't send them to Linus this way because then we
>>>>> would get the same commits twice in the history.
>>>>
>>>> Could you please do the same with the following:
>>>>
>>>>   git://git.linaro.org/people/nico/linux.git mach_memory_h
>>>>
>>>> Russell pulled it at some point, and dropped it due to concerns about 
>>>> repeated conflict resolutions (or so I presume).  I just did a test 
>>>> merge between your for-next branch and the above and that looked trivial 
>>>> enough.
>>>
>>> Ok, done.
>>
>> Bypassing maintainers stinks - especially when there are unaddressed
>> comments outstanding.  Nicolas has "simplified" my objections in this
>> request for you to pull - and has completely ignored the problem that
>> it breaks ZBOOT_ROM by deleting the zreladdr definitions on EP93xx
>> with no way for that to be provided.
> 
> I also told you that EP93xx doesn't use ZBOOT_ROM anywhere, and that 
> this was approved by the EP93xx maintainers.

As the less active of the two EP93xx maintainers I didn't agree to this.
I don't know if Hartley did, but I can't find anything from him in a
quick search of the list. I have Cc'ed him.

I don't have time to follow this issue in depth, but from my vague
understanding ZBOOT_ROM is unlikely to be used on EP93xx, but still
_possible_ to use. Therefore we should not be removing support for
ZBOOT_ROM on EP93xx in case there are some users out there.

~Ryan