Subject: [PATCH] mmc: mmci: Do not release spinlock in request_end

From: [email-masked] (Ulf Hansson)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 10:22:09 +0200

>> If you do not update your tree how shall we be able to  
>> continue with integration of new patches that depends on mmc patches  
>> from "next"?
> 
> That's what I'm saying - I can't take the patch as it introduces bugs
> if I do.  It's better to either wait until after the next merge window,
> or we have to sort out merging it via the mmc tree instead.
> 

Thanks, now I really get the problem! :-)

 From mmci host driver perspective this will then be kind of complicated 
since it sometimes will depend on the patches on the mmc "framework".

Now we have the spinlock patch, but I believe this will happen soon 
again. So how can we handle to merge it via mmc tree instead? Will you 
be able to "Ack" patches for mmci so Chris Ball can merge them for the 
mmc tree instead? Of course I only mean patches that really has a 
dependency, the rest can be handled as is I believe.

BR
Uffe