Subject: [RFC] Shrink sched_clock some more

From: [email-masked] (Marc Zyngier)
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:29:00 +0000

On 28/10/11 19:34, Stephen Boyd wrote:
> On 09/23/11 01:52, Marc Zyngier wrote:
>> On 22/09/11 16:36, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
>>> ... by getting rid of the fixed-constant optimization, and moving the
>>> update code into arch/arm/kernel/sched_clock.c.
>>>
>>> Platforms now only have to supply a function to read the sched_clock
>>> register, and some basic information such as the number of significant
>>> bits and the tick rate.
>> This looks similar to a patch I posted a while ago:
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/112318/
>>
>>
> 
> Can we get one of these two patches merged next merge window? I'd like
> to add sched_clock support to MSM and building on top of this patch is
> easier than the other way around.

I'm happy either way. The only problem I can see with Russell's patch is
the lack of support for platforms that do not actually implement a
sched_clock_read() function.

I've worked around this by having a default jiffy based read function,
but there is probably other, better solutions.

	M.
-- 
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny...