Subject: [PATCH v5 4/7] arm: omap4: hwmod: introduce emu hwmod

From: [email-masked] (Cousson, Benoit)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:12:49 +0100

Hi Will,

On 11/11/2011 3:58 PM, Will Deacon wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 02:56:05PM +0000, Cousson, Benoit wrote:
>> It will come soon... along with the updated patch for reg-names support.
>
> Actually, I was hoping you could help Ming Lei with the hwmod stuff :)

And I'll do :-)

We already started looking at that with Paul a couple of days ago, but 
the organization of the debugss IPs inside MPUSS is a little bit messy 
in OMAP :-)

For the moment the cti IRQs are attached to the MPU subsystem which make 
sense for the HW partitioning point of view.
Unfortunately, these debug IPs are accessed through an external L3_EMU 
configuration bus and not using some internal bus inside the MPUSS.
In the memory maps they are thus all located inside the 
0x54000000-0x54164FFF.

So for the driver point of view, it might be better to assign these IRQs 
to the debugss IP instead of the MPUSS IP.

The MPU will then only have the PL310 IRQ.

static struct omap_hwmod_irq_info omap44xx_mpu_irqs[] = {
	{ .name = "pl310", .irq = 0 + OMAP44XX_IRQ_GIC_START },
	{ .irq = -1 }
};

The debugss one will have the cti ones, that will start at 0 and thus 
will make them even accessible using the index.

static struct omap_hwmod_irq_info omap44xx_debugss_irqs[] = {
	{ .name = "cti0", .irq = 1 + OMAP44XX_IRQ_GIC_START },
	{ .name = "cti1", .irq = 2 + OMAP44XX_IRQ_GIC_START },
	{ .irq = -1 }
};

I need to fix this IRQ mapping and then I'll be able to send a hwmod 
version of this debugss virtual IP that should help Ming.

Regards,
Benoit