Subject: [PATCH v2] davinci: DA850 EVM: OHCI platform code

From: [email-masked] (Sergei Shtylyov)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:05:30 +0400

Hello.

On 21-12-2011 13:56, Nori, Sekhar wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:50:02, Manjunathappa, Prakash wrote:
>> From: Ajay Kumar Gupta<[email-masked]>

>> On this board the OHCI port's power control and over-current signals from
>> TPS2065 power switch are connected via GPIO2[4] and GPIO6[13] respectively,
>> so we can implement the DA8xx OHCI glue layer's hooks for overriding the
>> root hub port's power and over-current status bits.

>> We also have to properly set up the clocking mode in the CFGCHIP2 register,
>> so that internal 24 MHz reference clock is fed to the USB 2.0 (MUSB) PHY and
>> its output is used to clock the USB 1.1 (OHCI) PHY...

>> Signed-off-by: Ajay Kumar Gupta<[email-masked]>
>> Signed-off-by: Manjunathappa, Prakash<[email-masked]>

> This is the third copy of OHCI platform setup code which is almost
> the same except for the GPIO numbers.

    Well, in my counting, it's only second, DA830 EVM being the first one.
What's the third?

> Can we attempt to consolidate
> the GPIO case under drivers/usb/host/ohci-da8xx.c glue layer itself?
> Of course, here should be a provision for non-GPIO based implementation
> as well.

> Sergei, any thoughts, comments?

    I designed the hub interface to be as abstract as I could, and now you're 
proposing to add GPIO to it? No, I have no clear idea how to keeep it abstract 
and add GPIO support at the same time. I would have been grateful to
TI if I didn't have to invent this at all and they stop saving on OHCI pins.

> Thanks,
> Sekhar

WBR, Sergei