Subject: [PATCH 1/2] at91 : move pm.h header to arch/arm/include/asm

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Lezcano)
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 14:54:32 +0100

On 01/09/2012 12:29 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 12:19:17PM +0100, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>> Actually, the header moves from :
>>
>> 	arch/arm/mach-at91/pm.h
>> to:
>> 	arch/arm/include/asm/at91_pm.h.
>>
>> This place and the renaming of the file complies with the comments of
>> Russell,
> 
> No it doesn't.  There's absolutely no way in hell I want arch/arm/include/asm
> to be littered with hundreds of crappy platform specific header files.

Ok. Actually there are 9 pm.h files but I agree with a domino effect we
can have more header files brought to this directory like "control.h",
"powerdomain.h", etc ...

Does it make sense to merge all the pm.h file in a single pm.h which
will be located in arch/arm/include/asm ?

And we separate the different archs specific with #ifdef
CONFIG_ARCH_AT91, CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP, etc ...

The resulting file will be bigger but that will be easier to find a
pattern we can factor out in the header file and that will encourage the
developers to share the code across the different arch.

Thanks
  -- Daniel

- -- 
 <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog